…..learn to do almost nothing. Well, it appears to be very hard for some people, like me for instance. I have instructions; No house work, dishes vacuuming, laundry, cooking, etc. Also no swimming, bathing or hot tub. Limited driving. Absolutely no bending or twisting But I can go walking.
I am experiencing a steep learning curve in certain things, for instance.
• How to ignore spots on the floor, towels dropped on the floor, a hundred things that I drop on the floor etc. Solution: My pick up stick and taking off my glasses.
• How to ask someone for help for everyday things I have always done. Solution: I sweep the floor and leave the pile of dirt and a dustpan for my husband by his chair. That way I only had to ask him once. Remind myself that I am only hurting myself by being stubborn.
• How to try to get use to that hateful thing, the shower. Solution: Get dale to take out one shower head and attach a hand shower. Redirect the other shower head so it is no longer hitting me in the face. Add a chair for sitting.
• How to get in and out of bed without bending or twisting. Solution: Call it a log roll: lay in bed, on my side, let legs slide off bed at the same time push up with arms to sitting position. Reverse for reverse.
• How to get the laundry done by myself. Solution: Have front loaders and use your pick up stick to take clothes from one to the other. It takes longer but takes some of the burden off husband.
• How to get the countless things done outside to get ready for the winter. Solution: Hire an unemployed local young woman to do all that and more.
• How to fill I the hours till I can start to do all those thing and more – three months. Solution: I now have a high speed internet and can stream Netflix.
- Series to watch – Life, Crossing Lines, SHIELD, Grey’s Anatomy. Private Practice and the best one, Stranger Things. (just a tip for those with spare time.)
Apart from that, all is well and we are planning to go south again this year, hopefully sometime in November. Maybe I can share some more desert adventures with all of you.
Here are some driftwood masks that I am having fun with.
Here’s my hired help
My elderberry bush all cleaned out.