I am 2 weeks and 2 days post surgery.  I am the new poster girl for fast recovery.  Not my assessment, my PT’s, Orthopedist’s, my husband’s and perfect strangers.  So it must be true.  I am completely mobile, no supports except my support hose (need to wear it for 6 long weeks) and pretty much back to work.  The physical Therapy is still a bit trying but I am doing all that’s required as well as my home program.  I am off most pain meds with the exception  of Tylenol and Tramadol as required.  All my previous issues have been resolved, thank heavens and I am feeling pretty darn good.

I built a box for my deck that is on wheels and has my kitchen herbs in top and a cupboard below.  It looks pretty good for an amateur, if I do say so myself.

We are still working on finishing the apartment and adjoining deck with my garden.  I seem to have more shade than I originally thought, so I have been researching shade plants.  I have put in some begonias, coral bells, delphinium, hostas and a fern.  I hope that will fill in the bare spots.

I also ordered a small kitchen island shelf for a little more counter space.  I love shopping on line and having everything delivered right to the house.   


I am now 3 weeks post surgery and I drove myself to Physical therapy today.  I am no longer on narcotics and my leg is quite strong.  So this is hopefully the last of my carrying on about my surgery.  I am back to my usual work load with a few naps and enjoying it a lot.  I am starting to plan our (my neighbor and I) garage sale.  We are having it down town in the parking lot and anyone can join us.  Mainly we both need to get rid of a lot of stuff.  Also I am going to have the second all-girls boat party early in July.  Our last one was a big success so I am looking forward to this one.  We might have to hire a driver unless we have a designated driver.  It should be fun.

I went to Physical Therapy today and I have to take a small Ferry across the lake.  And wouldn’t you just know it, when it was time to get off my car wouldn’t start.  Fortunately, there was only 3 cars behind me and the ferry guys waved them to go around me.  Then they got a thing to jump-start my car and off I went.  But I was afraid it wouldn’t start again after Physio so I left it running for about 30 minutes, then shut it off.  I did start but I didn’t shut it off again until I got home, including on the return ferry ride.

So thats’ it for now.

More to come….

IMG_2972 IMG_2973

This Post Has 2 Comments

  1. Hey – Glad to hear everything went so well and you are up and going again. The August 31 birthday couple will have to get together and compare scars!!
    Very hot here again! +36 yesterday.
    Alan told me about Les. That was a shocker. Hard on the kids. He said Danny had to go back east and bring the motor home back to Creston. Long drive.
    Love your herb trolley. You are getting to be quite the carpenter!
    George, Robin, Dave and Tracey are on a Alaska cruise right now. Wanted me to go too but wasn’t in the right mood. You know me – I am kind of moody!!
    Susan Truscott is living in Montana now. They moved down in the spring. Gary is an American and she had a landed immigrant (or I guess its called an “alien” down there) status from when they lived there before and it was still valid so was a pretty easy transition. They live close to Flat Head lake.
    Of course up here we are waiting with baited breath (or should I say shaking in fear) of the outcome of the US election. Don’t quite know what to say about that! Better come and see your kids before the wall goes up!
    The Three Amigos seemed to get along pretty well in Ottawa this week. Too bad it couldn’t last for a few more years.
    HAPPY CANADA DAY! tomorrow. Will you be celebrating by yourself or have you got some Canuck friends close. Anyway if not, Happy Fourth of July on Monday!
    Love Dorth

  2. YOU GO GIRL! Proud of your rapid recovery and all your amazing projects!
    Be well and love to you both. B & S

Leave a Reply

Close Menu